Our client is a non profit membership organisation representing a high profile and hugely important sector: higher education. The work they do plays a key role in creating and promoting best practice in the sector, developing the expertise of its leaders and wider membership and influencing both national and local policy. In short, this organisation shapes the future of this profession – which in turn has a profound and far-reaching impact on our society. Research plays a key role in everything they do; this is a sector undergoing change and the challenge and opportunity for insight are huge.
This is a small, high performing research team which delivers a range of strategically-led and more tactical work. High profile and well regarded within the organisation, they play an influential role with regard to providing insight which helps identify trends in the sector, inform decisions that impact across the sector and provide practical information to members.
Reporting to the Head of Research, your work will be varied including leading on the delivery of major sector-wide surveys, helping create high quality reports to communicate complex and fascinating information and undertaking consultancy-style projects to respond to member needs. You’ll be involved in every aspect of projects with a focus on the analysis and drafting and presenting findings. You’ll be managing your own projects on a day to day basis and you’ll be involved in arranging and attending membership events where insights are presented to and discussed with members.
Working across both quant and qual research, you will have the opportunity to really upskill and broaden your exposure and research tool kit.
In terms of what we are looking for; you are likely to currently be a top end Research Executive or Senior Research Executive in terms of level. We need to see solid quantitative research skills and ideally exposure to some qualitative research. A genuine interest in the educational and/or employment sector would be preferable. In addition we need:
- A high level of numeracy, i.e. ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data.
- Excellent organisational skills to plan and manage own time and several projects at once, and to deliver work to deadlines.
- Experience in managing projects from beginning to end, including working within project teams.
- Ability to write clear, accessible and high-quality material for reports, with sensitivity to different audiences.
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively as part of a team and develop constructive working relationships with others.
- Ability to engage and deal effectively with individuals in senior management positions and with external agencies.
- Ability to produce high-quality materials and attend to detail and accuracy in own work, as well as others.
This is a very varied and interesting role in an organisation which helps its members deliver world class services that make a real difference to us all.
Central London, Zone 1
£33-35,000 + benefits
Salary: £33-35,000 + benefits
Type: All, Quantitative research, Mixed methods.
Sector: All, Not for Profit / Charity / Social, Public Sector / Government
Share this Job